Friday, March 19, 2010

InFosYs DeFeAt.........

three and a half years of slogging in an engineering college whoose name, if you tell anyone, you get in reply a sceptic look as if you've told them that you're their illegal child....completely unknown.... and finally came the day, for which every engineering student who is not really an engineer will for-----> the infosys campus drive
infosys is a company known for coming with a truck along with them, same as the blue ones you see around moving in delhi for a purpose. This truck normally does it's work and takes the students to mysore, and believe you me people, the number of students they take along is INSANELY huge.
students like us who do not have the real qualities of an engineer from day one of stepping into college will for getting into Infosys, simply becuase of two reasonsthe selecion process is a cake walk and two...the number of students they take. the pay package they provide being the cherry on the cake.
the day came and i too was in the queue to enter into the blue truck...lol...
a day earlier when i went to take the registration no. from the T&P cell, i came to know that not only my parents ..but ...the college faculty also had expectations from me....pressure....pressure....pressure/........just kill me......
2 hrs of search and finally i found the BLACK TIE from jwalaheri market that i needed for the interview next day.
i was ready and steady the next day to enter into the war feild.
taking the blessings of a mother who had expectations in her eyes and an overestimating father i left the home.
while travelling to the place there came a thot in my mind that if everyone's having expectations from me...then there must be sumthing inside me and that brought a confidence in me that i'll clear it. with that thought in mind i sat for the exam.
3 hours of long wait in which a thousand NOT SO splendid thoughts were eating my mind and finally came the time when a boy in a blue suit with a white shirt and black tie (what the F..... who wears a black tie witha blue suit)came out with the list in his hand of the selected students.
Ok friends the list of shortlisted students from GPMCE is here.... said he
the air around me stopped flowing......it seemed as if blood stopped pumping in my body...
he started taking the names.......
ok the first student who is selected is
aman......
vijay....
prateek...
......
....
....
.....
....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.
.
.
.
.
and.....one last student who is selected is
oh my god....please please i beg of you god please this be my name god please ......i'll come to your place everyday.....i'll clean the temple everyday....i'll do watever u say god.....i'll stop throwing myself on girls....plzzz....god plzzzz

but......before could have listened to my prayer and have thought about it....the blue suited stupid guy took the name of the last student

and one last student is.......

ravi

WTF!!!!!!!

for a moment...the earth stopped revolving......i skipped atleast 8 to 10 of my heart beats till i got a pat from my friend saying me to let's go back to home.

i had become deaf for the moment for i could not swallow the fact that i wasn't selected and students who were nothing in front of me(Acc. to me) were there...standing on the stage...in the queue of selected students....what the fuck!!!

those 5 mins which i took to reach from the announcement stage to the exit gate were the most painfull minutes of my life....
during my passage in those 5 mins it seemed everyone was looking at me on the way and were laughing at my face like...hahaha...look who's here...Mr bond himself....acted too smart in the college...he was the STAR.....what happened Mr. star.....you didn't get selected....though all these were figment of my imagination but i knew.....this would have definitely happened in hearts of many people.

anyways...i don't even remember who dropped me home. while i was crossing a heavy traffic road....all that was running in my mind was what excuse shud i give everyone for not being selected...as when i left home....i seemed pretty confident.....ohhh fish ....when would this confidence leave me.....lands me into troubles everytime....
amidst the running sounds of numerous vehicles all i could hear was my heart beat.
facing family and friends was just part of dealing with the overconfidence syndrome i'm suffering with.
after this infosys defeat i've decided not to settle for the good...but to opt for the great.
who knows this myt also be one of my overconfidence foolishness........

No comments:

Post a Comment